All photos and images are copyright protected. Digital images and prints are available for purchase, please use the contact page or leave us a message below. All rights reserved
Situated at the Southgate shopping venue at the heart of Bath, Comptoir Libanais or literally translates to Lebanese Counter, is a restaurant laid out in a food canteen fashion offering healthy wholesome Middle East cuisine in a cosy yet vibrant environment featuring vintage movie posters, of the amazing Arabic actress, Sirine Jamal al Dine.
Sumptious food, healthy and wholesome, yet reasonably priced and vibrant environment.
The food at Comptoir is fresh, healthy, honest and affordable. Prepared every morning, customers can sample unique Lebanese breakfasts to eat in or take away; offering everything from organic yoghurt topped with pomegranate and orange blossom water, porridge and -our favourite- halloumi cheese, crispy onion and tomato tortillas.
Lunch and dinner are also served at the restaurant that includes different types of interesting and colourful dishes, including hot and cold mezze – perfectly sized for sharing- wraps, salads, tagines, grills and Mana’esh (Lebanese style pizzas).
We started with the Mezze Platter to share followed by the Mixed Grill (above), Moussakhan from the Chef’s Special and finished with Baklawa selection and Fresh Rose Mint Tea.
To finish your meal, you have a selection of desserts unique to the region, sample a range of authentic baklawa, sweet pastries made with a variety of flavours such as date-filled semolina and walnut-filled flaky pasty while washing it all down with rose mint tea served in a silver pot. If sweet baklawa is not your thing, try the interesting cakes; rose and pistachio, orange and almond, tahini and pistachio, mango and venilla cheesecake and mouhalabia. The latter is a traditional Lebanese milk pudding flavoured with rose syrup and topped with toasted pistachios.
If you have been to Bill’s, Comptoir Libanais also offers an extensive range of food products and accessories to take home. Bags hung around the restaurant are all available to buy. Both third party and house products are also available such as tea pots, cook ware, crockery and packed food. There is a dedicated corner in the restaurant with shelves and cake stands where you can spend minutes just browsing and picking up your wares after your meal.
- Mezze Platter for Sharing (above): a mix of Baba ghanuj, hommos, tabbouleh, falafel, lentil salad, cheese sambousek, pickles to have on its own or with pita bread (included)
- Rose Mint Tea served in a silver teapot with selection of Baklava
- Mira – Frozen blended lemonade with fresh mint, lemon, lime and orange blossom lemonade
- Mixed Grill – if you like meat, and can’t decide on Lamb Kofta, Chicken or Shish Taouk, why not have them all. The mixed grill comes with all three meats served with vermicelli rice garnished with mint yoghurt, harissa and garlic sauces, zaatar grilled tomato and a green chili.
- Moussakhan (below) – Roasted half chicken marinated in pomegranate molasses & cinnamon. Served with Comptoir salad and vermicelli rice
Address: 4 New Ark Street, City Centre, Bath BA1 1AT
Tel: 0122 580 0894
[themify_map type=”roadmap” zoom=”12″ height=”400″ width=”823″ address=”Comptoir Libanais, Bath”]