All photos and images are copyright protected. Digital images and prints are available for purchase, please use the contact page or leave us a message below. All rights reserved
While Cambridge University has a University-level library, each of it’s 31 colleges also has its own college library for the use of its college members. Gonville & Caius (pronounced ‘Keys’) has had its own collection of books since its founding in 1348 and these have been housed in a purpose built library since 1441.
The library continued to expand with several of the college’s Masters bequeathing their own collections to the college. While the college always found a space within its own buildings to house a library it was not until 1996 when the College Library relocated to a new wing designed by C.R. Cockerell, intended for the University Library. Learn more about the beginnings of the Gonville and Caius Library here.